[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & TwoUsability Requests

and hons at rcn.com
Tue Aug 26 22:31:13 EDT 2003

This is one of the things I do for my day job and I would love to
contribute in this way.
I think myth is a great piece of work, but there are a few areas the
frankly 'mythstify' me (excuse the pun)  as a naive user. Some of the
simpler things are why my tivo is easier to use and setup than myth.

I understand that requests do not write code, but it gives insights
into how people use and understand the software and it's mental models,
so it can prioritize code and suggest ways to solve some complex issues
in a user and coding friendly way.
Thinking usability and expectation/experience early makes it much
easier to streamline code and means you don't have to revisit as
much... and coders, like designers are not the regular user that we
need to make it attractive for so the rest of our households and the
rest of the world can start using myth.

Maybe it's something in the weather today. It seems to be
have-a-bad-day, day... ;-)

rgds
anders