[mythtv-users] Re: Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & Two Usability Requests

Keith C linux at keithandjill.com
Wed Aug 27 11:06:03 EDT 2003

I also think usability requests are fine in this forum, as it is being
used by both programmers and users. If I was to mention a function I
thought would be useful, maybe someone with good experience with the
MythTV source would be inspired to add it.  I'd love to add it myself
and might be able to, but I'd probably just break stuff.

That said, here's a feature I would love to see : Global keys. For
instance, a key that would take you to live TV regardless of where you
were in MythTV, and another one to the Watch Recordings list.  This
sounds easy, but I think with modular layout of MythTV, it might
actually be a little painful.  Anyways, I'll start looking at the code
myself, but if any of the normal geniuses are inspired, go for it.

Keith C