[mythtv-users] Remove TV from main menu?

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 27 12:02:56 EDT 2003

On a note that is related in only the minorest of ways..  One thing that
has always "bugged" me.. (bugged is too strong of a word.. Let's just say
that I've noticed it) is that 'watch live tv' is the first option under
'TV'.

This is perhaps a religious discussion, but what would people think
of making 'watch recordings' the default option?  I realize that I could
change my local copy to do whatever I wanted, but anyway..

In my opinion, any DVR really shows its amazing properties when it is
used to watch shows that have been previously recorded.  That way you
can skip all around, take advantage of commercial skipping, etc.

So, the first thing I do when I get to the tv menu is drop down to
'watch recordings'.  Why not make it the first option?

This would also follow the base convention of the tivo (not that that
means we have to do what they do, obviously)  The first option is 'now
showing' [a list of prerecorded shows] and 'watch live tv' is an option
somewhere down below that.

Anyway, just a thought.  Like I said, I realize I can change my own copy
at will, but if a majority (which obviously means Isaac + however many
people happen to agree ;) think it would be a plus..