[mythtv-users] Re: Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & Two Usability Requests

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Aug 27 12:18:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 08:06, Keith C wrote:
> That said, here's a feature I would love to see : Global keys. For
> instance, a key that would take you to live TV regardless of where you
> were in MythTV, and another one to the Watch Recordings list.  This
> sounds easy, but I think with modular layout of MythTV, it might
> actually be a little painful.  Anyways, I'll start looking at the code
> myself, but if any of the normal geniuses are inspired, go for it.

Now *that* is something I'd definitely be interested in.  I thought
about that a few days ago when looking at all of the multimedia keys on
my wireless keyboard that weren't doing anything... Downside?  It would
add more buttons to any remote control.  Upside?  It (like many remote
control buttons) is *OPTIONAL!*

I wonder... could it be a button that you map in all of the modules
like... say... '$' then followed by the key of the module you want?  So,
for example, while in mythmusic if you hit $V it would put you in
mythvideo (a la 'exec mythvideo').  Would that reduce the amount of
additional code to put in?

	-I