[mythtv-users] OSS (i810_audio) Driver Duplex Issue (asus pundit)

Steele Price steele at xtcp.net
Wed Aug 27 16:07:19 EDT 2003

The more I see comments about this chipset the more I really think it's a
POS...
Too bad it's embedded on so many motherboards or no one can figure out how
to fix the drivers.

My alsa drivers are working fine in full duplex under 2.4.21(vanilla) with
ck3 patches, don't know if this would be true under a plain vanilla kernel
but maybe, there aren't that many changes to sound in the ck3 patches.  I
also HACKED my alsa driver to add support for SIS 7012, all I did was copy
the SIS Generic line and changed the name, seems to work fine for everything
except PCM over optical out.  Now if I could just figure out how to make PCM
over optical out work I'd have a completely working driver for this chipset.

Steele Price
CTO
Digital Dreamshop
http://xtcp.net