[mythtv-users] Re: OSS (i810_audio) Driver Duplex Issue (asus pundit)

Duncan Sargeant dunc-mythtv at rcpt.to
Thu Aug 28 13:12:40 EDT 2003

Reza Naima wrote on Wed August 27, at 14:47 -0700:
> I know that redhat 9 ships a version of the oss driver that works at
> full duplex without a problem.  However, I am unable to get a stock
> kernel to compile with the OSS drivers running at full duplex.
>
> I've tried with 2.4.20 and 2.6.0-test4.
>
> Has anyone been able to compile and use a vanilla kernel to generate
> full duplex oss drivers for the SiS 7012 (i810_audio driver)?  If so,
> what kind of black magic did you employ?

The stock driver just doesn't support it.  Very easily discerned from
the source (2.4.9): drivers/sound/i810_audio.c

        case SNDCTL_DSP_SETDUPLEX:
#ifdef DEBUG
                printk("SNDCTL_DSP_SETDUPLEX\n");
#endif
                return -EINVAL;

I just bought a second sound card, but others have reported the 7012
working with recent ALSA's.

,dunc