[mythtv-users] new sound issues

John Goulah bigjohn at getrockedout.com
Thu Aug 28 04:20:43 EDT 2003

Hi,

 I had everything working fine but somehow the sound stopped working
altogether. I checked all hardware connections, and they are fine. Tried
uninstalling and recompiling and installing alsa again. The only thing I can
get is an app like KsCD to play a cd, but if i go into mythfrontend I can't
get audio anywhere, even playing a cd. The aplay program doesn't seem to play
the test wav or a /dev/dsp stream with xawtv, but audio *appears* as if its
working (visualizations run in mythmusic, tv runs fine but no sound)...

If anyone can please help me diagnose I really am not sure where to go from
here.

Thanks
John