[mythtv-users] Digital audio out on Shuttle SK41G

Chris Poch cpoch at vt.edu
Thu Aug 28 12:11:15 EDT 2003

Have any of you succeeded in using the digital audio out with ALSA and
myth on a Shuttle SK41G?  I haven't really looked into making the
digital out work in depth, but I'd love to get dolby digital sound from
mythdvd and get a stereo PCM feed from everything else.  Anyone have any
success or failure stories working with Shuttle boxes?
-Chris

P.S.  Sometimes during DVD playback, the optical connector seems to be
trying to output a signal (I can see the red light), but my reciever
can't detect the signal when I make the connection.  I've settled for
stereo output / Dolby Pro Logic decoding for now, but it seems like a
waste of the Dolby Digital reciever.