[mythtv-users] Re: MythDVD

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Aug 28 13:37:05 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Dick wrote:

> Hello,
>
> MythDVD is great!  I am still trying to get ripped DVDs to play AC3
> through my S/PDIF port but I'm sure I will figure it out.
>
> What I would like to know however is...
>
> Are there any plans to implement a DVD burner in MythDVD?
>
> 1. I have lots of episodes of Martha Stewart which my wife does not
> want
>    me to delete and I am running out of disk space.  I would like to
>    transcode them to mpeg4 and burn them to DVD.  (They are in mpeg2
> now
>    because I am using a PVR-250 and I couldn't get the new transcoder
>    work yet.)
>
> 2. I would also like to burn backup copies of my DVD movies.
>
> Re: 1. above, can anyone suggest a reasonable work-around until a
> burner
> is implemented?

Suggestion #1: dvdrecord

Suggestion #2 (really more pertinent to your second item): dvd::rip

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

If you happen to be using Red Hat Linux, there are rpms of it, and all
its dependencies from freshrpms.net. I make frequent use of dvd::rip
for "backing up" my DVDs (I might accidentally back up some from
Blockbuster and Hollywood Video on occasion, too... :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...