[mythtv-users] almost there - X Error: BadMatch

chris mohoelx at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 22:42:06 EDT 2003

Hi.  I'm almost there, but getting the following error when I try to
watch live TV;

[xxxx at yyyyy]$ mythfrontend -display :0.1
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 78

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  142
  Minor opcode:  19
  Resource id:  0x24000f2

Then, the X Error: block just starts repeating until I CTL-C out of
Mythfrontend.

My set-up;
AMD 2000
512 Meg PC2700
Haupauge WinTV capture card, using Composite 1
Nvidia Geforce MX440SE using SVIDEO out
Using same box for backend and frontend at this time (trying to see if I
can get it to work and wein my family off the VCR).

What I currently have working is  I can watch live tv on the computer
monitor.  I can also start Mythfrontend -display :0.1 to have myth
output go to the TV while computer monitor is still free to play
solitaire ;)  I can go through any/all myth screens on the TV using the
keyboard.  But as soon as I try to start live TV, I get the above
error.  Any obvious suggestions?

Thanks -
MoHoelX