[mythtv-users] Re: PVR 250 question

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Aug 29 01:06:34 EDT 2003

 > Almost all of the questions I've asked are ambiguities that are not
 > resolved in the documentation or mailing lists. You can call me on it-
 > I just double-checked my previous posts.

I did too. I'm certain a few of them have been covered in the past.

 > I think you are interpreting
 > the fact that I ask many questions in a short period of time as
meaning
 > I am not reading the docs or searching this list. That is an incorrect
 > assumption.

Yes, you have asked quite a few questions in a short period of time.
But that's only part of the problem. To get a good idea of my position
on the issue, read here:

A few of your questions were indeed previously covered on the list. I'm
not saying don't post anything, but that is quite a deluge you hit the
list with. It wouldn't hurt to spend a bit more of YOUR time figuring
out your problems before asking everyone else to spend THEIR time on
every problem you come up against. I just found myself spending a
goodly amount of time reading all your messages, and even more time
trying to respond where I could hopefully help. The last one was about
my fill for the day, I guess. That, and I've been pretty cranky today,
anyhow... :)

 > Also, the fact that your answer about Hardware MJPEG was incorrect is
 > evidence that at least that question is not entirely clear, and
 > especially not "pretty obvious".

Yes, I sort of put my foot in my mouth on that one...

 > I appreciate the time you are taking to answer these questions.

I try to do what I can, since I can't code for squat. I like to think
I'm always right when I give an answer, but I like to know when I'm not
(thank you, Isaac). :)

On that note, I'm contemplating dusting off my very rusty programming
skills, and seeing if I can't hack together a patch that'll put an
"I've got a PVR-x50 card" menu item in the codecs list, so something
like this WILL be obvious.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE