[mythtv-users] nuv -> svcd... FINALLY!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Aug 29 14:42:45 EDT 2003

> I got it to work by counting the bytes for the header and changing line
> 630 to read in 72 bytes instead of 53. Now it seems to work ok. I'm at
> least past the error.

ok, this was going to be my thought.  it *should* be 72, but for some
reason  my machine only works when I specify 53.  Does anyone have any
clue why this might be happening?  Might it relate to utf-8 or anything
like that, since when I tell it to read 53, I'm pretty sure that my
machine is actually reading 72.

and yes, vcd quality generally sucks..  svcd is better, depending on
your source material (my cable signal isn't the greatest).  If this
works, though, I can turn up the bitrate on things and just archive
sooner.

-Chris