[mythtv-users] Writing VCD and SVCD

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 31 14:40:02 EDT 2003

> I tried several tools to create VCD or SVCD output from mythtv files
> recorded using a PVR 350 mpeg card, however with no success. Has anybody
> successfully wrote VCD or SVCD from mythtv files? What tool(s) did you use?

How did you create your svcd mpegs?  My nuvexport script should create
them just fine now...  Once you have the proper type of mpeg, use the
vcdimager program to make .bin and .cue files.  Once you have those,
just use cdrdao to burn:  (pardon the line wrap)

cdrdao write --device /dev/cdrom --driver generic-mmc -n --eject
  --speed 16 "myfile.cue"

of course, set the device and speed to whatever you want.

I've also posted a "chapterize" script in http://forevermore.net/myth/
that you can run on an mpeg.  It will create the bin/cue files for you
and add svcd chapter markers every 5 minutes.

heck, I also just posted my "burncd" script in that directory.  It
recognizes .cue files, along with .iso and plain-old-directories for
file burning (even includes file verification)

-Chris