[mythtv-users] Can MythTV play a scheduled recording while it is recording?

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Mon Dec 1 12:51:41 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Eric Thirolle wrote:

> My question is: Is it possible to watch a scheduled recording BEFORE it has
> finished recording. E.g., if I set up a scheduled recording of Angel at 9pm,
> and then want to start watching it a 9:15, can I do this?

 You can do this. However be warned that you should not hit the
'commercial skip' button while doing this. On my system it either locks up
or it takes 30-60 seconds before it recovers (not having skipped
anything), but then the system goes into slow motion (1/2 speed) with no
audio. This has happened to me since 0.11. (I'm running a PVR-250).
You can however hit the fast forward key to skip through commercials.
If you start watching your 1hr show about 20-25 minutes into the show
you'll finish at the regular time if you skip the commercials - its nice.
Perhaps it works for people using non-PVR-x50 hardware.