[mythtv-users] re mythtvsetup hangs

Paul Onley onley at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 1 23:40:54 EST 2003

Hi Oscar,

As I said I installed mythtv with the atrpms per Jarods excellent howto.
I attempted to build mythtv in a debug configuration but didn't have the
source so I downloaded the tarball and assuming I had my dependencies
met tried to build it. It fails with a message about lame.h. When I try
to install the lame rpms in the mythtv documentation I get an error as
apt-get has installed later version of lame (3.94) and lame-devel-3.93
needs lame-3.93 to install. I then removed lame-3.94 so that I could
install the 3.93 devel and with 3.94's removal I seem to have whacked
several mythtv packages as they were listed as dependencies to lame.

I chose the atrpms as finding and fixing all the dependencies was more
that I can handle. but I don't see how I can make the debug version of
mythtv without manually installing all the dependencies.

Paul