[mythtv-users] Mythmusic food for thought

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Tue Dec 2 09:55:09 EST 2003

I haven't mapped page up/down to my remote.  I did figure out that the number keys (1-9) will actually make it jump down the tree.  I haven't tried to figure out exactly how much it jumps each time, but this helps a lot too.  It seems like it jumps about a screen at a time I think, but I'm not sure.  But if I'm on the first artist all the way at the top, hitting 2 drops me down a bit, then 3 drops me down some more, and so on.  It definitely helps, but I still think it could be improved.  The music selection tree, to me, just seems like an odd screen from the UI standpoint, when everywhere else in Myth the UI is much more "sophisticated".

Believe me, I'm not complaining...I love it all!  I used to use a Turtlebeach Audiotron to access my music collection, which I loved, but there was no on-screen display to work with at all...only the little display on the unit itself.  So the tree is a great improvement ... especially on the WAF scale (Wife Acceptance Factor).  Anybody want an Audiotron?  :-)