[mythtv-users] Myth Ideas

Ben Stragnell mythlist at codepuppies.com
Tue Dec 2 14:44:03 EST 2003

> MythAnsweringMachine
>  - I've seen some discussion about this but no work yet has been done
>  - frontend for vgetty/mgetty?
>  - option to email you when someone leaves a message

I like this idea! Also make stored messages accessible via MythWeb.

It would also be cool if MythTranscode could generate other versions of
recordings rather than just the main one. For instance, I currently have a
script that transcodes everything to ~128Kbps for internet viewing. I have
tweaked MythWeb so there is a "Watch" link for each entry in the "Recorded
Programs" page. My program is a horrible, horrible hack that frequently
hangs. It would be great if such functionality were available in the main
program.