[mythtv-users] Mythtv broadcast

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Dec 2 16:01:29 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Arzamendi [mailto:parzamendi at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:45 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Mythtv broadcast

This is what I want to do. I want to be able to recorded a show on my Mythtv
box (basement) and play it back to my living room tv. Is this possible with
Mythtv? I have WinTV-GO-FM card currently but looking to upgrade to
WinTV-PVR-350. The second question I have is how hard is it go get the PVR
350 up and running if I already have Mythtv working with my current WinTV
card?

Depends...  do you have a computer connected to the living room tv?  If not
the only other solution I believe is to burn said recordings onto dvd or
svcd.  By your subject I think you're looking for someway to broadcast the
shows (other than over a network), and this is not built into myth.

If you've got the WinTV card working, then setting up the 350 will at least
be easier (i think) than starting from scratch, assuming this means you have
gained familiarity with setting up mythtv already for the WinTV card.  But
from what I hear it's not trivial either (i.e. more difficult than your
WinTV was to set up).

- Willy

Thanks,

Pete