[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hanging up

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 17:10:39 EST 2003

> > hi @all
> > well i have the problem that mythfrontend is
hanging up
> when i start
> > live tv, the screen goes blank for about 5 seconds
then it
> turns white
> > an mythfrontend hangs up and the normal x-window
> returns.... *trying
> > it on my computer monitor using vnc*
>
> You are trying to run mythfrontend via vnc? I don't
think
> that's supposed to work. VNC is probably not up to
any video
> display method used by myth.

I've run the frontend via VNC (by accident actually;
due to kde desktop restore) and I got an informative
message saying that my X display was too slow and
would not display normally.  This was followed by
video at perhaps a frame per few seconds but it
actually did work.  Maybe the results depend upon
whether myth was compiled with options that _require_
video card features.