[mythtv-users] XvMC

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Tue Dec 2 18:43:22 EST 2003

The only thing I could find in the readme was:

Q: Do video overlays work across both display devices?

A: Hardware video overlays only work on the first display device.
   The current solution is that blitted video is used instead on TwinView.

Does that mean 2 cards or 2 outputs on the same card? Dunno.

Heres is my XF86 config

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "AGPTwinView"
        Screen         "Screen AGP TwinView" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

#    FontPath   "unix/:-1"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
    # Load the glx module.
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "freetype"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"

    # Uncomment this to cause a core dump at the spot where a signal is
    # received.  This may leave the console in an unusable state, but may
    # provide a better stack trace in the core dump to aid in debugging
    #NoTrapSignals
    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence
    # This allows clients to receive this key event.
    #DontZap
    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> mode
switching
    # sequences.  This allows clients to receive these key events.
    #DontZoom
    # This  allows  the  server  to start up even if the
    # mouse device can't be opened/initialised.
        Option      "allowmouseopenfail"
        Option "NoPM" "true"
        Option "BlankTime" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard1"
        Driver      "Keyboard"
        Option      "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

    # be sure to replace these values with values appropriate for your
    # monitor!
        Identifier   "MyMonitor"
        VendorName   "Panasonic"
        ModelName    "HDTV"
        HorizSync    20.0 - 82.0
        VertRefresh  55.0 - 120.0
        ModeLine     "848x480" 36.1 848 904 992 1080 480 518 523 563
+hsync +vsync

  # 720x480 @ 60.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 29.82 kHz; pclk: 26.72 MHz
  Modeline "720x480_60"  26.72  720 736 808 896  480 481 484 497  -HSync
+Vsync

EndSection

Section "Device"

    # update this with the PCI id of your card.  Consult the output
    # of the 'lspci' command. The  BusID is usually optional when
    # only using one graphics card.
    # sample twinview setup
        Identifier  "NV AGP TwinView"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "nvidia"
        BoardName   "Unknown video card"
        Option      "TwinView"
        Option      "IgnoreEID" "1"
        Option      "UseEdidFreqs" "0"
        Option      "NvAGP" "2"
        Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
        Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50-60"
        Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option      "MetaModes" "848x480,720x480_60"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,tv"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
        Option      "NoLogo" "0"
        Option      "TVOverscan" "1"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen AGP TwinView"
        Device     "NV AGP TwinView"
        Monitor    "MyMonitor"
        DefaultDepth    16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     8
                Modes    "848x480" "640x480" "720x480_60"
                ViewPort        0 0
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes    "848x480" "640x480" "720x480_60"
                ViewPort        0 0
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24

"Harry Orenstein" <ho_9 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
12/02/2003 09:30 AM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

mythtv-users at mythtv.org
cc

Subject
RE: [mythtv-users] XvMC

David,

Post your XF86Config-4 file and I will take a look if I can get some time.
Did you get a chance to look at the Nvidia README?  I haven't looked
at it since you first posted, but my feeling is that this should be
possible.

-- Harry O.