[mythtv-users] No recording sound, PVR 250 and Fedora

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Dec 3 02:55:37 EST 2003

On Dec 2, 2003, at 21:57, Robert Wiklund wrote:

> I've followed Jarod's excellent walkthrough of installing MythTV on
> RedHat9. It worked great! But yesterday I felt brave enough to
> reinstall everything on a Fedora system, since RH9 is quite old.

Still working on that transition to FC myself, haven't had much spare
time of late... :(

On the bright side, I just bought a 250GB drive to replace the pair of
80s in my system, and I'm installing FC onto it right now...

> I followed Jarod's guide again, just changing the RH9 rpm's to Fedoras
> instead. It seems like IVTV won't load at startup through
> "modules.conf", I have to manually run  "/sbin/modprobe ivtv". When I
> have done that and type "cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg" and
> watch the recorded mpg, I get picture but no sound. ALSA works,
> because I can listen to wav's. I read in the guide about changing the
> name on "msp3400".o to "msp3400.o.orig, but that did'nt change
> anything.
>
> Please, anyone who can help me before I'm loosing it?

Very odd. I was over at a friends house this weekend, and we stepped
through the entire guide from bare-metal to set up a full system for
him, and had zero issues substituting Fedora Core for everything...

As always, check /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg for possible
hints.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...