[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging in Germany?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Dec 3 03:47:47 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 04:09, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Is there someone out there, that has commercial flagging working for
> > german tv?
> >
> > It's not a blank frame, and scene change will detect too much. Any idea?
> >
> > Torsten
>
> What exactly are they using, is this the short video clip that is shown
> at the beginning and ending of commercial breaks?
>
> Do you see anyway to distinguish when the commercials start and end?
> Is there a logo present during the show but not during the commercials?
> I have some preliminary logo detection code working but haven't had a chance
> to work on it in a while.  Maybe that will solve your problems when I
> can get that working and added into the available commercial detection
> methods list.

Yes, there are two ways. First the short clip, but this changes from
channel to channel and from time to time, so maybe one could use a 'two
scene changes within a certain amount of time' approach, but this might
jump in on some of the newer shows.

The logo detection is the better approach in my eyes, one would have to
apply it top all 4 corners of the picture though, because the networks
don't always use the same place.

Torsten