[mythtv-users] Newest RH9 version?

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Wed Dec 3 09:12:39 EST 2003

Ok, I was just having trouble with the kernel 2.4.20-8 as far as installing
Lirc goes, it needed to be recompiled.  Then I tried using Axel's ATrpm
kernel 2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at and it also would give the error when running
"make" with Lirc.  However if I used apt-get install lirc that worked ok.
Although I still cannot get Lirc working (see Lirc IRW not connecting)
I then tried a new kernel 2.4.23 which has got me past the "make" error to
where I am now.
Jon

                      "Jarod C. Wilson"
                      <jcw at wilsonet.com>          To:       Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
                      Sent by:                    cc:
                      mythtv-users-bounces        Subject:  Re: [mythtv-users] Newest RH9 version?
                      @mythtv.org

                      12/03/2003 01:30 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

On Dec 2, 2003, at 06:50, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca wrote:

> Hey All,
>       I was just wondering what is the common RH9 version/kernel being
> used?  Is it still 2.4.20-8 that comes with?

2.4.20-24.9 or 2.4.20-24_30.rh9.at when it becomes available (yes,
those versions are right, Red Hat released a new errata kernel to fix
the do_brk() privilege elevation vulnerability yesterday). But I'm
actually in the process of switching to Fedora Core myself (and a new
kernel for that was also just released -- 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
mythtv-users mailing list