[mythtv-users] PVR-250 (No Video - Just static)

Ronald Kohsman Ronald.Kohsman at valuecity.com
Wed Dec 3 12:12:22 EST 2003

I am having problems with no video. I have done the :

cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg

all I get is static and no sound, no matter what channel I am on. I used ATrpms and I have his KERNEL.

I have a PVR250 - 980
GeForce MX 440
P4 1.8

Here is my modules.conf, just for the heck of it.

alias eth0 e100
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
#alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 ||
:
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias char-major-195 nvidia
#ivtv modules setup