[mythtv-users] mythtv setup problem

Rami Zureick rzlist1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:23:31 EST 2003

Hello,

I downloaded and successfully compiled mythtv V0.12, I am using a Hauppauge
PVR-250 board with the IVTV driver.

When I run mythtvsetup, it gives a flashing screen and exits by itself
immediately with the following messages:

# ./setup
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
Would you like to clear all capture card
settings before starting configuration? [no]
Would you like to clear all program/channel
settings before starting configuration? [no]
./setup: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmyth-0.12.so.0: undefined symbol:
lirc_init

Is this a known issue? I already have the [lirc_dev] process running, the
current lirc logged system messages are the following:

lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin:sample_rate: 10

Any ideas? many thanks in advance.