[mythtv-users] Re: Anyone using an RCA DRD420RE DirecTV receiver?

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 18:05:54 EST 2003

Ok, I ran a # chmod 777 /usr/local/rca.pl

Now when I run as mythtv, the script runs. For example
if I put in $ ./rca.pl 232, the channel changes to
channel 232 as mythtv and not root.

UNFORTUNATELY, it's still not running within MythTV. I
reran mythsetup. Under Connect Sources to Input, in
the External Channel Change Command: I entered
"/usr/local/bin/rca.pl 500".

Did I do this correctly? Do I leave channel 500 or go
with a wildcard like ? or do I just leave the 500
blank. I think calling the script is the last piece to
getting my mythbox working with my DirecTV receiver
(besides PPV.PL).

Thanks again everyone!