[mythtv-users] TV_STATUS icon

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 5 02:04:25 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:33:17PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Harry Orenstein wrote:
> >The graph that was added to the gears icon is very
> >small and placed outside the blue circle (sphere?).  I
> >have made my own icon (before finding the one in
> >CVS) that consists of the TV icon with a small
> >superimposed caduceus.
>
> I agree that the graph is a little out of bounds. However,
> Kirby wanted to do something about the missing icon and I
> committed it because the gears match and it is better than
> having no icon.
>
> >Would it be possible to submit this as a replacement for
> >the icon in the CVS?  I have not yet attached the icon
> >because I don't want to ruffle any feathers.  I thought
> >I would just pose the question first.
>
> If you attached it and it matched the look of the other
> icons and looked better than the current one, I see no
> reason not to use it =). I assume that Kirby wouldn't mind
> because we're all just trying to contribute to try to make
> things better.
>
> I know for a fact the Chris Pinkham wants someone to
> contribute better icons for his recorded status stuff
> (the little tombstone, bookmark, etc.). If you have the
> skills and interest, better icons for these would also be
> appreciated.

I was fixing the bigger problem (no icon at all) more than anything.
I just slapped that together quickly so that it was a bit different.
If you have some 3d gee whiz bang 100% cooler icon, by all means, don't
keep it a secret.

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics