[mythtv-users] EPG overlays live video, no preview video visible

Dave Anderson dave at ineedasite.com
Fri Dec 5 07:48:55 EST 2003

I notice the same thing, except my system will lock when I stay on the EPG
for a minute or so. The EPG works fine when using it from the record menus,
but using it from Live TV causes my system to lock. I'm using Myth 0.12
from ATrpms and the ivtv-031125A-0.12 driver.

I can live with it for now. I'm told this is an ivtv problem. I assume
because the EPG is being displayed through the framebuffer. Not sure
though. I've brought up the OSD for the channel info and left it on the
screen watching live tv for 3 days now without system lock. I think the OSD
uses the framebuffer like the EPG does, but I'm not sure on that either.

Anyway, I can live with it as I don't use the live tv function. I just use
it live a vcr. Record and watch later.

Dave