[mythtv-users] Live TV - Scheduled Channel Change?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Dec 5 11:46:41 EST 2003

> Is it possible to schedule a channel change from within Myth?
>
> I thought that it might be a nice feature to add to the Recording Options
> screen.  Let's say you are watching Live TV and find an interesting
> program from the Program Guide (but it's not "worth" recording); it might
> be nice to have Myth automatically change the channel when the program
> comes on so you don't miss it.  My Sony DirecTV box has a similar feature.
> I couldn't find mention of it in the archives.  Just a thought. . .
>
> If it exists already, then I apologize.  If it doesn't, then this might
> be a good chance for me to develop a patch.
>
> Regards,
> Chris

In your example, just hit 'R' while in the program guide and that program
will be set to singlerecord.  Then go back to watching LiveTV.  When the
scheduled time comes around I believe Myth will alert you that it needs
the tuner to record something and give you the option of continuing watching
LiveTV or stopping and letting it record the program.  Then you can go to the
playback screen and watch the show that's recording.

--

Chris Pinkham