[mythtv-users] Which Audigy?

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Fri Dec 5 11:46:49 EST 2003

Hi Jarod,

It this post to mythtv-users:

> M-Audio Revolution 7.1, SoundBlaster Audigy, SoundBlaster Live 5.1, in
> descending order of price and quality. I use an Audigy myself.

and in your guide, you mention you use an Audigy. May I ask you which of
the Audigies are you using? There are several versions (including the
Audigy 2, Audigy LS, etc.) with varying prices (some like the Audigy 2
very expensive.)

Also, do you know if the Audigy and the SoudBlaster Live! support AC3
pass-through well?

I have a Santa Cruz sound card (cs46xx-based) but 1) pass-through is
broken for certain types of receivers (mine included), and 2) the driver
has a bug that causes metallic sound to be recorded every once in a
while. So, I am looking at buying one card that is known to work under
all circumstances (AC3 pass-through with xine and mplayer and no
metallic sound every once in a while.)

Thanks for any feedback!

Cheers,

Eloy.-