[mythtv-users] Mythtvfrontend

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 11:49:30 EST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 19:42, Jason Hunt wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have mythtv setup (well getting there), and I was wondering what I
> needed in order to watch liveTV on a client machine.  Do I need to
> download and install mythtv on that machine as well, or is there just
> some frontend software that I need to install?
>
> Basically, I want to try to use some sort of frontend client for my
> Powerbook.  Not sure if it will compile in OS/X, but worth a shot.
>
> Thanks for anyhelp.

Myth doesn't build under OS X (yet).  You'd be welcome to help in that
effort, though!  I believe most of Myth should compile under LinuxPPC,
but there are some endian-ness issues moving from x86 -> PPC, and also
I don't know how well libavcodec & libffmpeg handle PPC.  Way back in
the 0.7/0.8 days someone reported that they had build mythfrontend on
LinuxPPC, but the changes were never merged into CVS AFAIK.

-JAC