[mythtv-users] lirc & homebrew transmitter & scientific atlanta 2100

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sat Dec 6 01:32:58 EST 2003

Jay Goldberg wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> First an apology - I know this isn't the lirc mailing list.  But I was
> hoping that someone here might have had some experience with the
> Scientific
> Atlanta Explorer 2100.
>
> I built a simple serial IR transmitter so that my mthTV box could change
> the channels on my cable box.  I've tested it; I can control my TV with
> lirc's irsend command all day long.  But I cannot control the Scientific
> Atlanta Explorer 2100.

Interestingly enough, I just got done programming a universal remote to
control my MythTV box using a home built IR receiver. (The opposite of
your project.)

One of the remote configs I tried to use was the Scientific Atlanta.

I could not successfully program LIRC to recognize the commands and
ended up switching to a Motorola remote instead.

So, I wonder if the homebrew IR (or perhaps one or more of the modules
that can be used within it) just don't support it's IR freq very well or
something.

Also, for some reason I couldn't use ANY of the pre-fab configs on
lirc.org.  I also found I had to do a -f when recording to get a signal
- using RAW mode.

-Tony