[mythtv-users] Which IVTV Version Works w/ MythTV 0.12?

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 7 15:01:14 EST 2003

 > I happilly run on mythtv 0.12 with ivtv 11/17

 > Jelle.

Hmm, I've tried ivtv-031117A-0.12, ivtv-031117B-0.12, and ivtv-031118A-0.12
without success, as well as others.  It would seem I definitely have a
problem, but I'll be danged if I know where the problem is.  I get the same
problem regardless of whether I upgrade myth or ivtv, but the problem goes
away immediately when I drop back to the 9/20 cvs for myth and 8/03 for
ivtv.  I might suspect hardware except that it works so well with those
older versions.  Are there any other dependencies that could cause a video
file corruption problem?  I looked through the list of mythtv dependencies,
but they seemed mosly administrative (xmltv, mysql, et. al.)

If anyone has a good suggestion on how to troubleshoot and/or fix this, I
would be most grateful.  Otherwise, I guess it's time to drag out a spare
hard drive and try a clean install.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Bill