[mythtv-users] Any updates to allow cutting commercials without reencoding?

Andy check_1_2 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:49:02 EST 2003

There's been lots of people looking for a way to take a PVR-250 mpeg-2 tv
recording that has a cutlist and creating a file with the same format
mpeg-2, but the commercials removed (no re-encoding). I think some people
are working on that, but I'm curious if anyone has had any success yet?
Hopefully one day the "no-re-encode" format will be an option in the
"transcoding" recording profile so that one could just press "X" while
watching a recording and have it remove the commercials without re-encoding!

Wish I could help, but that sort of programming is way over my head!

-Andy.