[mythtv-users] New user can't get started on mythtv

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:35:13 EST 2003

>At 05:10 PM 12/8/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> >That said, I have ticked off for the mysql service on the Slackware 9.1
> >installer. Isn't that 'nuff?
>

>If you expect a useful answer, I would suggest posting a useful question.
>

>-WD

How awful. This thin client 'wipes' every ten minutes or so.

I'm at Slackware 9.1, ticked the 'mysql' service at the installer and build
the 'mythtv' tarball. It says "can't find /var/run/mysql.socket" and I
simply can't get started. I must be missing something real essential, or
perhaps someone has built + set up some real Slackware packages.

I'm already done setting up cronjobs with mencoder, but the GUI approach
sound really tempting if I could get this going. The box at home is not
connected to Internet but there's teletext...

Regards,

Roger Andreassen.