[mythtv-users] Using the Hauppauge IR Remote

Kevin mythtv-users at simplyc.com
Tue Dec 9 12:41:44 EST 2003

	Hello. I have been going through the documentation on setting up lirc to use the IR remote that came with my PVR-350 ("Hauppauge PVR-250 remote and MythTV's native LIRC support"). In that section it makes reference to Mandrake 9.2. Is this a requirement and is there any reason why it will not work on Mandrake 9.1?

	Also, it also says that there are patches required to the lirc-0.7.0pre2 release when using i2c 2.8.0. It looks as though I have i2c 2.7.0. Are these patches still required or were the low-level call changes made when going from 2.7.0 to 2.8.0?

	Thanks.