[mythtv-users] Possible Cause of Stuttering Audio

rosenbla at uchastings.edu rosenbla at uchastings.edu
Tue Dec 9 21:18:49 EST 2003

I believe the Stuttering Audio problem many people report and which seems quite
random and yet to be resolved is caused by bad timers on their sound cards,
especially cheap builtin motherboard ones. I know because I have such one. When
I run the TV Wonder Compability Check program or something like that, that comes
as part of ATI Multimedia Center it profiles my system and says I can play a DVD
cause I have a DVD drive, that it is fast enough for whatever....but it also reports
that my sound card has a unstable timer. (It varies quite a bit if I run the test over
and over sometimes passing sometimes not) So just a theory but don't most people
with this problem report that is goes away when they get a new sound card? My 2
cents....

Brad