[mythtv-users] minor issues with new MythTV Install

Brian Collazo brian at collazo.ath.cx
Wed Dec 10 08:36:01 EST 2003

Hey all!

First thing, I really like MythTV.  Amazing how you can turn a $1200 PC into
a $250 TIVO.  But hey when my wife asked "Why?"  I just grinned and said
"Cause I can.  :-)"

Background/specs:  AMD XP 1800+, C-Media 5.1 sound card, ATI TV Wonder VE
(boss won't let me fork out the cash for a PVR-250 or 350), Riva TNT2 32 meg
AGP, RedHat 9 (only 10 installs to get everything configured).  I'm not a
Linux newbie, but niether am I an expert.  Currently displaying on monitor
until everything is working.

Okay here's the issues.

1)  My channels are off by 1 when both watching/recording.  For instance,
Sci-Fi is channel 73 for me and everything is recording/watching 72.  The
whole scheme is off by 1.  Any ideas?  I was rather shocked/upset that when
I went to test the playback of the new Battlestar Gallactica mini-series and
ended up with Queer Eye.

2)  Delayed audio when watching LiveTV and Recorded programs.  DVD playback
and rips seem to be fine.  What are the keyboard commands to control things.
I know I could experiement and find them, but hey just thought I'd ask.

3) I've got constant background audio from whatever channel the LiveTV was
last set to!  This one is the most annoying!!!!!  No matter what I'm doing
I've got this audio feed, whether I'm playing music, watching a DVD, or even
is mythfronend is not running!

Thanks,

Brian Collazo