[mythtv-users] Very strange channel tuning problem

Wayne Veilleux wayne.veilleux at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 10 17:36:25 EST 2003

Hi,

I just bought a new pc to be dedicated to MythTV using exactly the
same hardware (P4, WinTV, Audigy) after having a perfectly working
tested mythtv setup. I backup the Mysql database and restore it on the
new system which is running on MDK 9.2. I compile the latest cvs and
install MythTV and all of the add-ons like my test-devel-env PC.
Everything is working perfectly except the playback image on live and
record TV are like "scambled pay tv" of misconfigure freqtab or norm
(I'm using NTSC). What is very strange is if I run xawtv, it is
working correctly and if I go back right away in mythtv, mythtv is now
working fine. But waiting a few minutes without using the tuner and
run again mythtv, the image get back "scrambled". Any ideas ? (I did
re-run the setup and cleared all capture card and program and I still
have the same problem)

Thanks

Wayne