[mythtv-users] Developer suggestion for MythInternetRadio?

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Thu Dec 11 11:11:06 EST 2003

Romel Llarena wrote:

> First off, I know nothing about programming but would
> be open to contributing financially.
>
> After reviewing all the changes in .13 (keybinding and
> a browser!) a thought entered my mind. I don't user
> Internet radio that much because I simply don't listen
> to radio on my computer, BUT now I have this wonderful
> box on the AV rack in my living room connected to my
> receiver. I'd definately take advantage of Internet
> radio now. I suppose with a Mythbrowser I can access
> the radio sites via keyboard but how about something
> more elegant? There is a MythNews section after all.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions on how to best get this
> "properly" started?

Yes, this should be handled in MythMusic.  There was talk about this
months ago, but nothing really got off the ground...  I would love to
have this as a feature, but unfortunately programming for my day job
takes up way too much of my time for me to work on this right now.  I
started a while back trying to take the streaming MP3 code from the
mpg123 xmms plugin and integrate it, but never finished ;(.

-Mike