[mythtv-users] alsa choppy, kernel snd not...

John M Wright mythtv at wakamole.homeip.net
Thu Dec 11 11:39:43 EST 2003

When I use the 2.4.22 kernel i810_audio module, my sound is fine, but I
haven't found a way to capture and mute the line-in from my capture
card.

When I use alsa's modules (0.9.8), the sound is choppy (sound's like
there is a fan in front of my tv speaker).

Can anyone help?

I'm running debian, I've tried this with the standard debian 2.4.22
kernel, and with my own kernel (with lowlatency and preempt patches).  I
have this problem with the myth v11 .deb packages and with fresh CVS
builds.

~john