[mythtv-users] MythGame - fullscreen xmame

Clint Silvester clint at focuscompanies.com
Thu Dec 11 13:25:11 EST 2003

Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> I have fceu and snes9x both working in fullscreen under MythGame, but
> xmame still insists on being windowed.  Can anyone share what they
> have as their command setting to get xmame to use fullscreen mode?
> Are you using xmame.x11 or xmame.SDL?
>
> I can get xmame.SDL to run fullscreen if I run it from an xterm, but
> when I try using 'xmame.SDL -fullscreen' as the command in MythGame it
> won't even display the roms in the listing.  Even though in the
> mamesettings table the fullscreen field is set to 1, it seems to do
> nothing of the sort if I just put in 'xmame.x11' or 'xmame.SDL' as the
> command to run.  Looking at the code it appears that MythGame is
> supposed to tack on the correct command-line paramters to get it into
> fullscreen.  Why would it not be doing so?

We went over this a few days ago.  There was a thread title Mythgame
Fullscreen?  To get fullscreen xmame, you need to pass -x11 3 as an
option to xmame.x11 (this was changed in xmame a few versions back).  I
had suggested that you make a script to pass along that option, but
Chuck Ferring mentioned you can change the default settings inside
mythgame when you first go in, have Mame highlighted and press 'e' to
change properties.  Isaac chimed in and said the default key binding was
'm', though.  So you can go in there and add that as an option.  I
haven't done this yet, as my box mysteriously stopped working.

Clint Silvester