[mythtv-users] Nuvexport: Success with VCD

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 23:33:39 EST 2003

Hi,

Finally was able to put Joe Caputo's fixes for SVCD
into VCD and get it working.  I now can play a VCD
on my home DVD player.

Couple of things:

1) At the end of the nuvexport run,  I get the
message:

INFO:     NOTE: The resulting file may not play back
correctly.
INFO:     Try reducing the video bitrate or increasing
the video and
INFO:     audio startup delays.
INFO:   Finished multiplexing Paris5.jpg.mpg

How do I figure out the correct video bitrate to use?

2) Still having a problem with an un-initialized
variable,  $nuv_info{audio_sample_rate}.  It works
in the nuvexport before it was broken apart.  Now it
does not.  I suspect this is an artifact of breaking
the script into modules.  I use btaudio,  so
everything
I have has an audio_bit_rate of 32000, so I just
hardcoded it.

3) --debug does not work anymore with SVCD.  The
variable DEBUG does not get set in export_SVCD.pm.
Suspect this is from breaking the script apart.

I've included the version of export_VCD.pm.  Maybe
Chris can take a look an incorporate it into his
release.  Do a find on "mikes" to find the changes.
Note that this is set up to give ffmpeg priority over
toolame.  I have not tested this using toolame.

Mike