[mythtv-users] Gentoo and ivtv - HELP!!!

David Latka d_latka at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 14:23:54 EST 2003

Hi,
As a complete Linux newbie, I was feeling ALL super
proud of myself that I was able to get Gentoo setup.
I started from stage 2 about a week ago and have
accomplished much (dual boot, kde, mysql, etc, ...).
Unfortunately my progress has come to a screeching
halt when it comes to getting Mythtv working.

My current problem rests with installing ivtv in
Gentoo.  emerge is great when the package is
supported, but I’m completely lost on where to even
begin installing ivtv.  I found a few threads about
this topic but I just don’t get it.  Please help (or
perhaps send something soft to put between my head and
this wall…)

Thanks,
uvajeD

My Hardware
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, 2800+ Athlon XP, 512MB Ram, Nvidia
Geforce FX 5600 graphics card, Hauppauge PVR-250,
[pcHDTV on order :-) YEA!], and a partridge in a pear
tree (yet to be installed if I can find the drivers)