[mythtv-users] TV Wonder VE card and mandrake 9.2

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Dec 12 15:50:17 EST 2003

fsquires wrote:

> The line in (that you have the TV Wonder VE plugged in to) should be
> muted, what you need to do is set it to record.  That setting should
> be under volume control or another program, it's listed in the docs.
> You either have to have the red light under lit or a check next to
> record depending on which program you're in, or set it from the
> command line.
> Fred
>
> On Dec 11, 2003, at 3:29 PM, art at monger.net wrote:
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> I'll try that again tonight... with those changes, I've gotten the video
>> to work better, but not the audio (I have the out going into the line in
>> (or mic) of the sound card and I've unmuted both channels, but it still
>> didn't work).
>>
>> Art

If you did unmute those, then you should have heard audio that was about
1 second too soon to match the video (since it's the raw sound out of
the Wonder.

If you didn't even hear that you either A) Have a more serious audio
problem or B) Have a bad tuner problem.

When I used my onboard audio, for some reason it wouldn't recognize the
record options in KMix.  Run the command-line setups for the amixer as
suggested in the docs:

-Tony