[mythtv-users] MSI K7N2GM-L advice

Clint Silvester clint at focuscompanies.com
Fri Dec 12 16:49:03 EST 2003

Joel Anderson wrote:

> Anyone using an MSI K7N2GM-L for their myth box?  Any "major" problems
> using it with mythtv?  Any good/bad stories to share?
>
> I want to buy one soon, but also can not quite tell from their web
> site if it has an SPDIF output.  I don't have anything to output it to
> yet anyway, but would be nice for the future.  :)
>
> TIA for any input!
>
> Regards,
> Joel Anderson

I think this is the board I have.  I don't remember if it had an SPDIF
adapter, but the manual said it was supposed to.  I had a major problem
with the onboard video with it, where the red was really bright on the
high end, but otherwise red wouldn't show at all on TV-out.  Also, when
I'm compiling, or doing anything CPU intensive, the usb keyboard has a
hard time responding.  Although, I'm not used to using a usb keyboard,
so maybe that's normal  If you get it, I'd make sure to keep all
packaging so you can take it back if it has problems.  Something I
didn't do...

Clint Silvester