[mythtv-users] Fedora with Jarod's instructions?

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Fri Dec 12 19:09:40 EST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

> that is, it handles allot better, a long compile doesn't steal from X, etc
> with the 0(1) scheduler, low latency, and preempt patches. Though I have

Yes, I am very impressed that it lets me recompile things while watching
live TV with no noticable impact on the TV.

> noticed that the 2.6 test11 kernel I got seems to not do so well, everything
> was smooth with the standard 2.4.20 gentoo kernel I was using, but the 2.6
> dev gentoo kernel seemed to let a non interactive task like a compile have a
> bit too much time, making X stutter and freeze momentarily.

Arjan's 2.6 kernel made TV completely unwatchable for me, even when
nothing else was running.  Don't really understand why since I thought 2.6
was supposed to implement the O(1) lowlatency scheduler...

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***