[mythtv-users] pcHDTV Card

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Dec 12 19:53:43 EST 2003

On 12/12/03 14:34:45, James Colannino wrote:
> I saw mention in another post about pchdtv, went to www.pchdtv.com,
> and now am wondering how well supported it is under MythTV.  I know
> that it was designed specifically to work with Linux, but are there
> any Myth specific things I should know about?

Support is definitely improving, but there are still some major holes.
Big outstanding issues:
* fast forward/rewind is pretty broken; the patch I sent yesterday
helps considerably, but needs to be tested on non-HDTV systems
* No guide data for channels that don't match the corresponding analog
station
* No automated setup for HD channels at all; you must manually edit
your database
* Tuning to a missing or not-coming-in channel hangs frontend
* Commercial skip, transcoding, and editing in general is completely
untested and probably broken
* The card does not play well with analog tuners; looks like there's
some good progress on this one over at the pcHDTV forum

That said, I use it for recording HDTV content on a daily basis and it
gets the job done.

-Doug