[mythtv-users] x-box as a frontend?

Myth Man mythtv at pln.cc
Sat Dec 13 14:43:36 EST 2003

Hello wishbone,

Saturday, December 13, 2003, 2:18:05 PM, you wrote:

Thanx for the info, WB..

A couple questions on the process.  I am looking to build the front
ends first, just for testing.  The back end will come in a week or so,
once I get the hardware.

Is there anything I can do, testing wise with just the front ends?
Just to confirm that they are going to work?

Also, I am somewhat unclear on setting up Myth to work by CD on an
exbox.  More specifically, how the SWAP comes into play.  Now, I
believe that I do NOT have LINUX running on my XBOXs.  Just running
EVOX.  Can I still run Myth via CD?  I know to put the SWAP file in
the root of E:.  Do I call the SWAP file from /etc/fstab on the CD?

Thanx for the info.

                   MM

who> That's correct.  Seems to work very well over 100mb anyway, haven't tested
who> wireless or 10mb yet..

who> joshua