[mythtv-users] feature requests, general "where are the docs"

Dean Blackburn deano at deano.com
Sun Dec 14 17:44:52 EST 2003

Hello all!

I've been looking for two particular add-ons for MythTV, based on the
existence of good solutions in general-Linux land:

1) Videoconferencing module

We're already looking to wire up all our conference rooms in our new
office (when we move) with MythTV boxen, which will save us a lot over
the current setups which sport 1-2 DVD players,  a tv, an lcd projector,
computer, etc... Since MythTV can cover all of our TV needs, and linux
can cover 90% of our computing needs, all we're really missing is a
video camera and something like gnomemeeting... I've seen little hints
in the docs that something may be in the works, but no details.

2) Karaoke module

It may not be everyone's bag, but as long as you're replacing all the
excess entertainment center equipment, why not the karaoke machine? ;)
There's already a KDE-based midi karaoke player:

 KMid: http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/kmid.html

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying things, but it seems like it would be fairly
easy to whip up a module for such...

Which brings me to my last question: is there any* good single resource
for making modules? I can't stand the
learn-by-absorbing-years-of-mailing-lists technique, so if there's a
website, somewhere, with good module dev info, that'd be great!

Thanks!

-deano